Founded in 2017, Spaceship Super attempts to engage the younger age with an approachable and easy-to-manage solution. ‘Spaceship is a simple way to manage your future, all from your phone or laptop with one account designed with technology to help you negotiate your Super.’ This is Super also has a higher weighting towards technology companies than most super funds that are popular among younger investors.
Table of Contents
Best Spaceship Super Investment Options
The Spaceship provides two investment options: ‘Spaceship GrowthX’ and ‘Global Index’.
Spaceship Super Performance
Spaceship Super’s GrowthX investment option has an expectation of a median over 1 year, measured against Chant West’s median performance. the Spaceship Super’s Global Index investment option has surpassed over 1 year, measured against Chant West’s median performance. There is no data for Spaceship Super Performance 4 and 6 years.
Spaceship Super Fees
The median of funds of a similar risk profile listed on Review My Super. There is no industry standard for fees to compare against.
Spaceship Super Insurance
it does not offer insurance. You can compare the extensive market and have the premiums paid via your super. Compare insurers here.
Spaceship Super Financial Guidance
Spaceship does not offer in-house financial guidance. To speak with an advisor which can advise on your Spaceship Super account and all available funds and insurers in the market, please fill out the ‘Speak To An Advisor’ form on this page.
Spaceship Super performance and fees
You’ll automatically be invested in the GrowthX option when you join Spaceship, Still, you’re able to switch investment options at any time.
Spaceship referral code
If you signup from our spaceship referral code (S8HCV6JVZ2) then you can get $10 in free
Spaceship Super Review:
The detail in the table is based on data provided by Chant West Pty Ltd (AFSL 255320) that is itself supplied by third parties. While such details are trusted to be accurate, Chant West does not accept responsibility for any inaccuracy in such details. Chant West’s Financial Services Guide is available as a financial services guide. Finder offers no guarantees or warranties about the data and we recommend which users make their inquiries before relying on this Spaceship Performance, fees, and insurance data are based on each fund’s revert MySuper product. Where the performance, fees, and insurance data for the My Superfund vary on the report of the member’s age, results for individuals between 40-49 years of age have been shown. Past presentation is not a reliable mark of future performance. Spaceship Super Review.
Features of Spaceship Super?
Spaceship supper offers the following features and benefits to its members:
- Two investment choices. Spaceship supper offers two various investment options, both with a heavy investment allocation towards shares.
- A focus on technology. Spaceship’s tagline is “put where the world is going, not where it has been”. Spaceship Pdsreflects the fund’s preference for investing in technology stocks rather than in other property classes.
- Long-term investment strategy. Spaceship’s investment options, GrowthX, and Global Index are both high chances due to their heavy investment in shares. They’re designed to suit the needs of members with a long-term investment time frame of ten years or more.
- Online app and rollover. You can Register for an account online and easily roll over your existing super balance into your new account.
- Designed for 20 to 40-year-olds. While you’re able to join Spaceship Super Reddit at any age, Spaceship is picked out by Australians in the 20–40 years demographic and all investment decisions are planned to suit the financial objectives of people in this age range.
- App-based fund. offers a modern app where you can keep up to date with your super, easily make donations and track performance.
More information on Spaceship Super investment options
Spaceship offers two investment options to help you make towards your financial goals for retirement. vacate the tables below for a full run-down of the quality of Spaceship’s GrowthX and Global Index investment options.
This option may suit investors who are willing to receive a higher level of risk to achieve increased returns over the longer term, with some volatility in the short time. This investment option has a strong focus on shares, especially technology companies in Australia and globally.
|High risk (level 6)
This option may also suit investors who are willing to accept a higher level of risk, more subjection to international stocks, and want to invest in an index. This investment option invests more laboriously in international shares in contrast to the GrowthX option and has around 80% of its balance invested in global shares. It’s an index investment option so it’s passively controlled and has lower fees.
|High risk (level 6)
What insurance is provided with Spaceship Super?
Spaceship does not offer any insurance to members. Make sure you’re aware of the risks associated with investing your super in a fund that does not provide insurance before deciding whether this is right for you. In addition, remember to consider the insurance benefits you will lose whether you roll over super from another fund into your Spaceship account.
Pros and cons of Spaceship Super
- Get High growth investment options with high-performance returns
- yearly fees are less than others in the market
- A simple investment strategy that’s simple to understand and managed on your behalf
- Only two investment options to select between
- The spaceship is not a My Super-authorized super product
- No insurance cover
How do I apply Spaceship ?
whether you’ve compared a range of options and you’d like to apply for a superannuation account with Spaceship, click the green ‘Go to Site’ button on this page. You’ll be taken to the Spaceship website where you can enter the PDS and also complete an online application.
You’ll require to provide:
- Personal information. You must supply your name, address, date of birth, and contact details.
- Tax File Number (TFN). when supplying your TFN is not compulsory, doing so ensures that your contributions and benefits will be taxed at the lowest possible rate.
- Previous fund details. whether transferring to it from another super fund, you’ll need to provide details of your current fund.
Besides your completed application form, you’ll also need to submit an authority to facilitate payment into your new Spaceship account.
You’ll be sent a Welcome Pack confirming Spaceship’s receiving of your application, as well as your entitlements as a member of Spaceship. You can then start making donations and building a bigger super balance to fund your retirement.
DISCLAIMER: This article may contain general advice. You should think about your situation before deciding if a superannuation product is right for you. Superannuation is a long-term investment and past performance is not symptomatic of future performance.
Frequently Ask Questions
Is Spaceship Super Comfort?
Spaceship’s Growth option has outperformed the median growth option by a decent margin since the establishment of the fund. but Spaceship doesn’t offer a balanced or conservative option or insurance.
Fees are about average for growth options.
For people with a growth risk profile, especially those wanting exposure to technology companies, a Spaceship is a good option. If you fall outside of this kind then you may want to consider other options.
- Is Spaceship Super an APRA Fund?
- Yes, Spaceship Super is an APRA fund.
- Is Spaceship a Self-Managed Super Fund?
- No, Spaceship Super is not an Intelligent super fund. It regulates by APRA.
- Is Spaceship Super an Industry Fund?
- No, Spaceship Super is a retail fund.
- Can Anyone JoinSpaceship Super?
- Yes, anyone can join Spaceship Super.